Friday, August 24, 2018

Tuesday August 21

Waves of heavy thunderstorms came through last night. I definitely won't have to water the gardens today. And, considering the forecast for scattered storms today, I think working inside will be the order of the day. I am still working on the What-not Room.

Wednesday August 22

Heavy storms again intermittently yesterday. Parts of the gardens look a bit bedraggled but I am going to wait til tomorrow to do anything out there. We plan to take the last of the books to the library. That will clear out that corner on the upstairs landing. I did get a couple of tasks done in the What-not Room and the brought a bit of order to my chair-side table. Too much stuff that I need or don't want too far away when I do want it.

Thursday August 23

Books are gone. It was a nice cool day yesterday and we expect another today. The rains and the cooler temps have encouraged the herbs. I need to harvest some more. The dehydrator will be busy for as long as we have some dry days for garden work.

The future of medicine? Well, what the author describes is what we have been seeing around here.

Stories about the agricultural effects of the heatwave in Europe are coming in faster now. Short version: it isn't good. And this story falls into the OMG-WTF!!! category.

Friday August 24

Though the temps should still be cool we expect possible showers. If it is still dry when we finish breakfast I will harvest more herbs to dry. I have six trays of dry herbs to process and put up.

Well, we have had breakfast and the rain has held off so far. Ground and stored three trays each of lemon verbena and spearmint. Harvested pineapple sage and lavender which is now drying. I have other tasks planned but now it is time for a rest.

No comments: