Saturday, April 6, 2024

April 6

 Beautiful clear sunny day. Temps still cool but not cold. It is a slow morning. The cats let me sleep until almost 6am. Still working on getting the new computers set up. I have already noticed that the speed is so much greater in my new machine. Good morning for soccer. We are in the middle of a series of three games. After that we might put on the hockey. That reduces the amount of time we spend with the so-called news.

Infidel753 notes the story last week about Botswana threatening to ship lots of their elephants to Germany where the government is poised to pass a law prohibiting the anyone from bringing hunting trophies into the country. Botswana encourages (and profits from) outsiders who want to hunt and bag a trophy. Infidel makes a good point: our view of nature depends very much on where we are: urban or rural, affluent or poor.

Time to get back to putting what I want on the new computer. I have culled a whole bunch of items I no longer want to spend time on.

No comments: