Thursday, March 22, 2018

Sunny but cold--again. I am so ready for enough warmth to thaw out my containers so I can start digging outside and get this seasons gardens set up. I found a couple of pots of the Rosella tomatoes have joined the Black Vernissage in sprouting. Now if only the Ox Hearts decide to sprout as well I will be happy.

I had heard about this story a bit ago. But the article has it wrong in one respect: this isn't the first such attack. Back in 2009-10 the United States and Israel joined forces to construct Stuxnet which they used to attack the Iranian nuclear production facilities. It was only a matter of time before someone decided to replicate that attack using perhaps a different computer "bomb." A character in a movie talked about developing a world-destroying technology and justified it by saying an enemy was developing it anyway so "we" did it first and better. Well, the U.S. government did it first in this case, so others will follow suit.

No comments: