Monday, June 4, 2018

Very chilly today. Mom is sitting at her computer with a sweater on but we don't want to close the doors. I planted the chocolate mint, Mexican tarragon, shishito and purple bell peppers, and cinnamon basil I got from the garden shop. The wind has been brutal sucking the moisture out of the pots and the rain we got from Alberto a couple of days ago and the downpour two nights ago seem to have done little for my gardens. I lost 8 strawberries and may lose a couple more. I am getting everything watered today and checking closely for moisture. The purple basil, spearmint and lavender are ready for a first cutting but that will wait til Thursday.

Ronni Bennett has a nice piece on "Thrifty Elders" on her Time Goes By blog. How to stretch the budget is a constant topic here.

No comments: