Monday, July 23, 2018

Sunday July 22

Quiet day today. Finished processing the herbs in the dehydrator. I could have collected more but the weather hadn't improved before my ambition disappeared. Instead I did some more sorting and rearranging in the What-not room. I found a lot of bits and pieces (crochet motifs, embroidered patches, cross-stitched squares) that I put aside for later use. I found a nice crib quilt top that I will finish and a quilt top I haven't finished and will take apart rather than finish. That last has some unpleasant emotional connections. I have at least two pieces that only need hemming and a crochet edge put on to finish. So much still needs to be sorted.

Monday July 23

Cloudy right now and should be mostly cloudy all day. But not much chance of rain so I should get another batch of herbs cut and drying. The cinnamon basil is next on the list. I probably wouldn't make a good farmer or market gardener--I prefer to stay inside and dry no matter what needs to  be done outside. I saw some of the black vernissage tomatoes on their way to ripeness. We will get a few ox heart and Lemon Boy tomatoes a bit later. I already harvested a couple of the purple bell peppers and one of the Shishito peppers. The red bell haven't ripened yet.

As someone (I can't remember who) said: the future is here: it just isn't evenly distributed. Take a look at what can only get worse.

No comments: