Monday, September 28, 2020

 September 29

We have some rain and I am glad because it is much needed. I was thinking of watering the gardens but won't have to for a bit. It is also getting cooler again. I am also glad of that. Hot weather and I simply don't go well together any more. It had been so dry I almost lost the mums I put out front for some autumnal color. I thought when I checked them they were fine but next morning they were wilting badly. I watered them well and yesterday transplanted one to an empty container after pulling the marigolds and pepper that were pretty well spent. I hope it will survive the winter and come back next spring.

My brother came by Saturday with a large bag of crochet thread and a larger bag of yarn. Yesterday I quickly pulled out the full skeins and filled one of my storage boxes with them. Then I started winding the partials into balls. I am about half done and have a large bag filled with those and another bag, a little smaller, yet to go. I think someone had gathered that yarn however they could and packed it in that bag. I had to work to untangle and unknot several. But I have quite a nice bit of yarn to work with now of all weights except the bulky. Brother likes to visit estate sales and anytime he can come up with that kind of windfall I will gladly take care of it. He got it all for $10.

I saw a lot about the possibility outlined in a New Yorker magazine article last week that the Republicans might try to persuade those swing state legislators where the legislature to invalidate the vote if #45 loses and give him the electoral votes anyway. David Kaiser has an analysis of the laws in question and has come up with an interesting conclusion.

Ah--the story of the day...again! A post on Facebook this morning read: Story of the Day--ABC, his taxes; NBC, his taxes; CNN, his taxes; FOX, Hearty Soup Recipes; Hearty Soup Recipe Channel, his taxes. 

No comments: