Sunday, March 21, 2021

 March 2

Lovely sunny day though still a bit cool. I got a few of my containers rearranged and some more of the patio swept up. I don't yet know what plants will still survive through the season. The mums new leaves are looking a bit stressed. My sage surprised me by putting out some new leaves from the base. I hope both will survive. I am pretty sure the peppermint and spearmint will survive but I am thinking of pulling them up for other plants this season. I started growing a number of herbs for tea but we have changed our preparation of both coffee and tea over the last 2 years. Now we do a pour-over coffee in the mornings and use tea bags in the afternoon. I used to use the coffee pots for both coffee and tea but what we do now works. All of the varieties of tea I use don't use any metal, and the bags and tags are biodegradable. If I were still composting I would put that to a test.

Some of you may remember a couple of months or so ago I completely unraveled a crochet table cloth I had nearly half done (40+ rounds of about 73). I realized that somewhere I had made a serious mistake and couldn't find a place to go back to where I could make progress. Well, a couple of weeks ago I started it again and have just about reached the round where I had difficulties. I found the problem. The author of the pattern, I think, tried to save her time and possible mistakes by simply referring back to rows that seemed to match the next section. So the patten said to repeat a specific row. Actually, it did that several times. But the first instruction I was told to repeat said to repeat the row 3 times and that is what I did. But that last part (the 3 times repeat of the round) is what threw the later part of the pattern off. Instead, the row should have been repeated only once. I found a couple of other instructions that should have been changed to fit the pattern. Well, it is now progressing well. I hope to finish in a couple of months. Right now each round takes me a little more than an hour and that time will increase as the rounds get longer. 

No comments: