Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Good Morning, Everyone, on what promises to be a hot and humid Wednesday. We may have to put on the air this afternoon after a nice day without. The gardens are going well. I plan to harvest a couple of green tomatoes to fry this afternoon as well as some yardlong beans that will be frozen for later use. The pepper plants that suffered the recent assault from some child's toy have recovered nicely.

Robert Creamer has a very nice assessment of our recent past with particular emphasis on the Republican role in our present situation. Unfortunately, I don't know how many voters will either remember that past when it comes time to vote. We have a cliche about how short voters memories are and for the most part those memories are very short indeed. I noted over our morning coffee that there seems to be a growing 'throw the bums out' mentality. Sorry to say, there are more Democratic bums to throw out than Republican bums. I sincerely hope that Creamer's question of whether the electorate will return control of the economy to those whose policies led to this mess will be answered in the negative. However, unless we get a super-majority in both houses of truly liberal Democrats, I don't expect anything to change.

I have said repeatedly and for some time now that our current economics and politics has raised economic and political principles to the status of religious dogma. I just found Daniel Schultz's post which makes a similar point far more eloquently than I have.

No comments: