Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Yesterday we had breakfast at my brother's with sister-in-law and niece. Nice to see them all. As a result I didn't get too much done.

One thing I did get done was emptying the dehydrator and grinding the herbs. That dehydrator is going into our What-not room because I have a new one. Yeah, I know I got a new one a couple of months ago. This is the second new dehydrator for the year. The one I started the summer with quit so we pulled out my back up which also quit. Well, the old saying goes "two is one and one is none" so I indulged a bit and got a dehydrator with a thermostat so I can control the heat. Now I am back one and a backup. I will give it a try today with some herbs I can harvest.

I need to get busy putting some of the gardens to bed for the season. Some I will let go so the dead plants can provide a ground cover for the pots to prevent soil from splashing out. My niece mentioned she would love to have a rosemary plant so I will take cuttings from mine and try to get them started. If I succeed I will give her one for Christmas.

No comments: