Friday, November 30, 2018

November 30

Ah, the last day of November and the stretch run to our season of overindulgence, a.k.a. Christmas.

On the political front I found this Atlantic article this morning which lays out the implications for the current administration of the latest guilty plea from #45's former personal lawyer. Not pretty for what it says about him, his sycophants, and for us as a political society.

One of the Google alerts I have followed for a few years now is one on "heatwaves." As I read the headlines over the last couple of days about brutal heatwaves hitting Australia accompanied by bushfires I had a gut reaction: these heatwaves seem to come earlier in their spring than before just as the heatwaves north of the equator are marching north earlier in the year. Like I say, it is a gut reaction and I don't have any hard evidence that the perception matches reality. It seems to me that no matter what #45 believes (or doesn't believe) climate change is smacking us in the face at every opportunity.

I am glad to see this story. I have never been a great fan of Bruce Rauner but living in Indiana I couldn't vote against him. For any who don't know he is the lame duck governor of Illinois. I think urban agriculture should be encouraged in every way possible.

So #45 is a fraud. What else is new?? As I wrote above, that he is in the White House says nothing good about us.

No comments: