Monday, February 14, 2022

February 14

Well, we are at half past February. A month and a half into this year and it seems like we are in the same place now that we were on January 1: legislators that can't talk to each other reflecting an electorate the factions of which can't talk to each other, a population so deeply divided on almost every issue that an agreement is impossible (even if the tribes would talk among themselves--which they won't), an economy which some tout as booming while benefits the top tier most while the bottom tiers barely get by. That just barely scratches the surface.

Ah, well--since there isn't a damned thing I can do about the clowns prancing in the national circus I try not to get too irritated. Instead I can be pleased that I am almost finished with my second crocheted lap blanket of the year. I also have made good progress on a crocheted shrug and the embroidered table topper. That is something I can control. I need to get back to hand piecing a small quilted project that I think will be a cover for my sewing machine. And I really do need to get some machine piecing done  but I don't yet know what pattern I want to do. I just know I have that itch growing.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone.


No comments: