Thursday, February 3, 2022

 We have somewhere above 8 inches of snow that fell yesterday. The streets are somewhat passable--if you can get your car uncovered and the snow piled up around it cleared. We aren't going anywhere so we can do it slowly which is a good thing at our ages. Mom was saying that she would gladly pay some neighborhood lad $20 to do the job but we haven't seen any kids out and about lately.

This post from William Hartung on Tomdispatch doesn't tell me anything new. I have read similar articles for several years now. But I wondered as I read it if there are any people like Joe Manchin complaining about the Pentagon budget and the 3-5% yearly increases the National Defense Strategy Commission proposes. Why do they only complain about the inflationary impact of "social" spending? I guess the "poors" are the only ones who can get lazy and misuse government largess. The military won't do the equivalent of going hunting on the funds from the child tax credit. I am all for fiscal responsibility but I think it should start with our governmental "scared cows."


No comments: