Tuesday, March 19, 2024

March 19

 Welcome to astronomical spring and Happy Equinox. Though the temperature is reminiscent of winter. It is sunny which is nice. I am still searching and sorting in the What-not Room. I still haven't found the unfinished pieces and patterns I have been looking for. Over the last 65 years I have done quilting, cross-stitch, embroidery, needlepoint, and crochet. I have also poked around with weaving and spinning. That means I have a lot of "stuff" and that is after paring the stash down for some time. There is an interesting acronym among needleworkers: SABLE. Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy. Mine is definitely in that category. 

Stray thought: Supposedly Trump wants to debate Biden. William Kristol at The Bulwark says no. And I agree. The news this morning had file clips of Trump from just before and during his first campaign for the White house juxtaposed with some more recent clips. He definitely hasn't aged well. For all the right wing talk about Biden's "cognitive" abilities (not favorably) he is definitely several steps up from Trump. Also, I don't really need to see two old codgers taking verbal digs at each other.

Charles Hugh Smith has a really good post on the "crapification" by design of our goods and services. 

No comments: