Tuesday, March 26, 2024

March 26

We had (and still have) high winds. Also heavy rain overnight. The rain predicted finally arrived. I hope the system leaves and gives us dry and sunny weather for our errands tomorrow. Spent the morning finishing the embroidery on one pillowcase of a pair. The second is already on the hoop. We had a bit of sun for a brief moment before it disappeared.

Major stories this morning are the Supreme Court arguments over Mifepristone and the bridge collapse in Baltimore. Listening to the Justices' responses to the lawyers gives me some hope that this case will either be bounced because of lack of standing or because the "remedy" demanded in the suit goes far beyond any reasonable cure for the alleged hypothetical harms to the plaintiffs. As to the bridge collapse--that area is going to be disrupted for a good long while. I looked up a map of the area and the remains of the bridge is clogging the only passage to the port. And for the residents of the city, they will have many miles and much time added to their travel.

Update: heavy rain and wind now!! Mom had wondered, in the interlude between squalls, if we should have done our errands today.  Nope!

Matt Taibbi posted this article about censorship--specifically of Naked Capitalism. I have read posts often in the last few years about that site (and others) that I often read and I have always been perplexed as to why. I may or may not agree with what I read on any site but that is my choice. I have said before I like different sources of information and argument. Usually when I link to a piece I agree or think it presents ideas I want to think about. Writing something on it helps me organize my own thoughts and helps me pick it apart. Those who want to censor them deprive me of that and, frankly, that pisses me off. I have been an adult for a hell of a long time and am fairly well educated. I don't need minders.


No comments: