Tuesday, January 29, 2019

January 29

I think we got a lot more snow than the forecasters predicted: 6+ inches rather than 3. Now we have the cold--and I do mean cold. Brookfield and Lincoln Park zoos in Chicago are closing early today and will remain closed tomorrow because of it. That is a very rare occurrence. We are hibernating.

I found this bit of flabbergasting story. I wonder how many state Republican parties will go along with cancelling primaries and caucuses giving their support to the incumbent. And for the national committee to announce support for him before the primaries/caucuses and before he is nominated? It has become a Bizarro World in American politics. I thought the essence of democracy was the people decide but evidently not in Bizarro America.

I mentioned a couple of times that commenters I read wrote that the notion of the wall was a "3rd century solution" to a 21st century problem. The 21st century migrations do resemble the migrations of the past but we can let that pass for now. A clip of comments by #45 on the wall showed him bleating that the Wall would be nothing like a "medieval" wall. I wonder who told him about that criticism because we have been told often he doesn't read. Too bad the comments haven't, so far, moved him off his position toward something reasonable.

So some idiot politicians, including #45, are proposing that public schools offer "elective" "Bible literacy classes." I don't see why public schools, at taxpayer expense, should duplicate the work of churches and Sunday Schools. As far as #45 and his support goes, this says all that needs to be said.

No comments: