Monday, January 28, 2019

Monday January 28

Snowy today--they predict between 3 and 5 inches on top of what we already have. The high today should hit the mid 30s but the wind will be brisk so it will feel colder. The next three days will be brutally cold before the temperatures moderate to more normal levels. Good days to hibernate.

This boggled my mind this morning. I tried to imagine what the supermarkets here would look like without the fresh meat, fish, and deli counters. I came up with Aldi and convenience stores neither of which we patronize. I can't imagine the store being open only four days a week either. I wonder if the economy is much worse than anyone at the much higher levels of the ladder want to acknowledge. That is something I have wondered for some time.

Helen at Margaret and Helen is on a good rant. And, yes, it is incredibly difficult to talk about #45 (and politics generally) without swearing a blue streak.

Tom Englehardt has a good guest post by William Astore. Unfortunately, I don't see things changing for the more hopeful any time soon. Too many people in the military and politics locked into a counterproductive mindset, too much money sloshing around, and too many people/companies/industries profit from it.

No comments: