Thursday, September 2, 2021

 August 31

Well, August is gone. I will have to change the door wreath sometime in the next couple of days. Change out the summer wreath for a fall wreath. It has cooled down enough for me to turn off the air and open windows. The breeze feels real nice. What ever systems the weather people saw either fell apart or jumped around us. Not enough moisture to fill a thimble. I got out in the gardens today and took out the peppers and the poor little dahlia that has looked sickly for the last couple of weeks. I also got the white rose transplanted. I wanted to give it plenty of time to get rooted in its new container before winter. I called it a day out there after I got everything watered and making mental note of the things I want to get done tomorrow. I finally identified my mystery plant which has begun to flower. It is Japanese indigo. I didn't plant it this year so I think it seeded itself and the seeds germinated when the soil warmed in the spring. I will leave it alone and see if I get more next year.

No comments: