Sunday, September 26, 2021

September 25

It looks like the weather will be cool, dry, and sunny today. I plan to sweep up and tidy up on the patio. Some of the plants were torn up by the high winds we had a couple of days ago but the rain kept me indoors. I need to spray the roses again as well.

Yesterday I straightened up a small corner of my What-not Room because I lost my quilting rulers in the jumble. That is now done and the rulers are on an improvised wall mount using command-strip hooks and a length of gardening twist-tie. I want to cut the pieces to start a 'disappearing nine patch' quilt. That bug is biting again.

I have seen several economic articles that refer to the "Great Resignation" because of the numbers of people who have or are leaving jobs for new ventures. And then there are the "Take This Job And Shove It" articles though this one is probably the one from the most pissed off (now former) employee. Having spent way too much as a retail clerk (I never felt like an "associate") I sympathize totally with the woman who posted her resignation delivered over the Walmart intercom.

As if we needed any more proof that Texas Republicans are batshit insane look at this. They are not alone. Some of their ilk in Arizona want yet another "full signature" audit after the "Cyber Ninjas" (fr)audit  found that Biden did win and my a very, very slightly larger margin. Oh, I almost forgot--Texas Republicans are going to do an audit of the votes in four of their largest counties after the Loser In Florida demanded one.

I wonder if this is a sign of times to come. Earlier today Mom got sucked into a poll that asked a lot about her attitudes toward marijuana and what the state should do about it. We think it was for politicos who want to continue criminalizing it and heavier state intrusion. Mom disagreed with most of the positions described.

No comments: