Saturday, July 23, 2022

July 21

 The hoped for relief from the heat has not really shown up. It has been miserable. I did get out to water the plants on the patio yesterday. I picked several for heat, sun and drought tolerance especially for the top of the fence but I took them off and put them on the patio where they will get some shade each day. The plants in the larger containers are still doing very well but they have more soil to prevent drying out. I haven't seen any bees so I am hoping that some will find my squash plants which are blooming well. I would like a couple from each of the plants. Over the last half dozen years I have seen fewer and fewer each year. Where they are I really don't know. My nephew is getting started in beekeeping. I hope he succeeds. A friend out in Colorado has kept bees for several years and she worries every year about how many will survive.

The little patio tomato gave us a couple of dozen cherry tomatoes but we won't get many more with the temperatures as high as they are. Same for the Candy Cane pepper though the ones already formed are ripening well.

No comments: