Friday, November 11, 2022

November 11

 Well I did get out yesterday to sweep up leaves on the patio. I put a fair portion around the two hibiscus, the two lavender and the rose. I also covered the pots with bee balm and asiatic lilies with them. The rest I swept out the gate to the lawn the landlords take care of. I also moved the lilies and bee balm closer to the north side of the patio where they will get sunlight sooner next spring. I also turned the bird bath upside down to protect the cement from freezing damage when we finally get snow and freezing temps.

The Former Guy provided a good laugh yesterday. He claimed that Ron DeSantis has been lucky because he became governor (because, of course, of TFG's support) of a state that has so much sunshine the governor didn't have much to do. Guess he never heard of Ian or Nicole. I don't care much for DeSantis but he has been getting high marks for handling the disaster Ian left.

The skies were gloomy for the morning but have cleared now. It is still a bit warm for this time of the year. And the geese are still here and feeding before they head further south. When we first moved here 20 years ago they would already have moved on.

I think it is amusing how so many of the talking heads are ecstatic over the "drop" in the inflation rate. It only dropped from about 8.3% to about 7.7%. At my level of the economy all I can say is "big hairy deal." What we pay for food, gas, electricity etc. are still going up. 


No comments: