Friday, February 23, 2024

February 23

 Sunny and cool so far. The rain yesterday ended mid-afternoon.

GZero has an interesting article that asks an important question: Russia is winning? Winning What? Our government has imposed a new round of sanctions but Russia's economy isn't as sensitive to sanctions as it was originally, and India and China are still very willing to buy the oil Russia sells them at bargain basement prices.

Heather Cox Richardson published a good overview of our current political turmoil. There are several things that make me crazy angry. One is a bunch of men deciding that I, or any other woman, isn't competent to make decisions about my life just because I MIGHT NOT MAKE THE DECISION THEY WANT ME TO MAKE. (I am not shouting here just emphasizing the injustice of the situation.) Second, I resent anyone, male or female, trying to saddle me with their religion based restrictions. I don't sing in their damned choirs. Third, I hate scientifically illiterate people thinking they should opine on science. I could go on but I won't.

By the way, I don't mind people deciding to live according to their religious beliefs and raising their children in those beliefs, but I draw the line with them imposing their beliefs on others. I don't think one parent in a school district should be able to restrict what every student in the school reads just to protect their precious offsprings delicate sensitivities. Expand that to IVF and abortion.

Joyce Vance has another piece on that idiotic ruling by the Alabama Supreme Court extending the legal protections given children to embryos.

One for the "OUCH" file. I have been watching this for a while. By the way, Milei has been described as Argentina's Trump.

OMG, how the hell did the idiot DeSantis appointed ?urgeon General get a medical degree? To send a letter to parents telling them to go ahead and send unvaccinated children to school as cases of measles are rising. Read all about it

No comments: