Monday, February 7, 2011

Good morning, everyone. The weather people noted earlier today that this winter marks the fourth consecutive winter with snow totals over 50 inches. That is a record. Our normal seasonal snow fall--about 25 inches. I, for one, am very tired of winter and really, really, really want spring. I am tired of seeing my garden containers covered in a minor mountain of snow. Oh, well, I can continue anticipating warmer weather. Several of the bloggers I check in with occasionally are already planting their seeds inside. I will start some of mine next weekend. The ground cherry first because it has a very long germination time--about 35 days according to the info I have found. Then around March 1 that will be followed by the tomatoes and peppers.

For something a bit different take a trip to Jasmine Tea and Jaozi for some pictures to the annual ice festival in Harbin, China.


1 comment:

Looking to the Stars said...

I'm looking forward to spring also. We are suppose to get anotehr storm tomorrow. Have already been to the bank and store today. I'm set for another week. Spring can't come soon enough :)