Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Good morning, everyone.

Though it is a gray day (again!!) with a strong possibility of snow or rain, this MSNBC story brightened my day. Maybe we should import some of this.

The morning news said that Al Jazeera is negotiating with Comcast to have Comcast carry their English news channel. I would gladly add that to my viewing schedule.

Well, I am sure that everyone knows that Rahm Emanuel has been elected Mayor of Chicago. I was struck by the fact that no one mentioned a Republican candidate which got me wondering what happened to the Republican Party. Evidently they decided not to contest the election. The last Republican mayor was elected 80 years ago.

I guess the State House is the People's House unless some Republicans feel that the People aren't really our sort of people. From Crooks and Liars comes the story of peaceful demonstrators being shut out of their Ohio State House.

Also from Crooks and Liars--it is about time the EEOC looked into this kind of discrimination.

If this account from Think Progress is accurate we should consider renaming Wisconsin the People's Republic. Restricting citizens' access to the internet was the first tactic Hosni Mubarak took. Scott Walker has taken a page out of Mein Kampf --get yourself elected (somehow) and then cancel democratic institutions.

2 comments:

Looking to the Stars said...

I like the 'I won't pay' protest in Greece. If we did that here, they would shoot us or put us jail till we died (lol)

Wow, I didn't know that Chicago had been dem. so long. Now, how did they get away with that? The Reps couldn't have just given up. Looks like I need to look at some Chicago history :)

take care

Kay Dennison said...

It's a good thing I wasn't in Columbus yesterday. I almost went but decided that I wouldn't be much help. :)

Hurray for your governor for not joining the throng. I'm sure the GOP will deal with him.

Dontcha just love Crooks and Liars?

And hurrah for the Greeks!!! I feel pretty much the same way about the Turnpikes. That said, I've given up driving them -- Miss Ruby is afraid of being eaten by the trucks!:)