Thursday, August 24, 2017

Really nice day--not too hot and sunny. I took out all of the tomato vines. We are, honestly, sated on tomatoes so I only harvested enough for our salads today and maybe a side dish later in days to come. I am rethinking some of my notions for what plants I want and what I hope to achieve from them. I always preferred indeterminate varieties of tomatoes but I am checking out the determinate varieties. I hope they will be more controllable and produce as much as we need. Since I only have about 30 sq. ft. of garden space available, I have to admit I simply can't produce everything we would use. We have a good farm market nearby and we can get what I can't produce there. However, I just had the pleasure of harvesting two of the Mitoyo eggplants. Next year I won't put in any of the patio sized plants and just stick with one of the Mitoyo. I have generally been unhappy with patio sized veggies. They aren't worth the space they take up.

No comments: