Sunday, May 26, 2019

May 26, Sunday

Another wet day. Even when we get some sun it is sandwiched between rain showers--sometimes vicious thunderstorms. I took advantage of a sunny morning yesterday to thin and transplant the Russian purple tomatoes and sow the Malabar spinach, sunflower, and a couple of other varieties.

After that I simply vegetated with my iPad and read 100+ pages of McKibben's new book, Falter, and finished re-reading Greer's Weird of Hali: Innsmouth. We both felt lazy and settled for snacking lightly rather than cooking a full meal. I didn't even pick up any of my needlework.

Today has been a different story. I did my usual 2-3 hours of needle work while drinking coffee and grousing about the (s)news. Then I cleaned out the storage space in the ottoman. It can get rather cluttered because I often put thread I think about using and decide not to in there instead of taking it upstairs to the What-Not room. "What Not" because the gods alone know what is not in there. I kept four embroidery pieces and two crochet projects close at hand to pick up in odd moments. Those will do for now--until I get a notion tickling my mind and add something experimental.

I also washed the latest completed doily, and got it stretched on the board and starched. I also did the same with an older doily--one of several we washed and just folded up rather than finish with stretching and starching. I hope to get the rest done two at a time. I plan to post pictures soon.


No comments: