Wednesday, July 1, 2020

July 1 Where the F%$^ Did Half The Year Go?

It seems like so little happened: the fizzled impeachment (which everyone saw going down like it did before it did), Covid-19 (which is still messing up our lives and will for the foreseeable future), and the protests coming out of the George Floyd extra-judicial murder (which will also and should be with us for a good while.) In the background, of course, all the partisan politics intensified by both an out of control #45 and the election year silly season.

The gardens are doing well. The dianthus has just about finished blooming. I hope it will have another round. The sunflowers are reaching for the sky. My morning glories have found their trellises and support stakes and growing fast. I hope they will bloom soon. I had thought I wouldn't have to water because we have had about five days with (sometimes heavy) rain but the tomato and a couple of other plants looked a bit thirsty. The temps have been in the low 90s (a bit more in that hot box I call a patio.) However, I harvested spearmint yesterday before it got too hot. I cut enough to fill all six trays of my dehydrator. The peppermint is next on the list but not for a couple of days.

No comments: