Monday, January 9, 2023

January 9

 Another Monday. I don't know what I will get done today though I do know I have an early dental appointment. It is a cleaning but I just don't like dental work of any kind. But I really hope to leave this life with my remaining teeth so I put up with it.

I've loved watching Katie Porter scorching the various financial critters in committee hearings though I would almost bet she won't get the same kind of committee assignments in this new Congress. Crooks&Liars had this piece which gave us a laugh this morning. During that mess of an election for Speaker of the House she caught up with her reading with The Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck.

The Chris Hedges Report also posted a good summation of our current politics. "Our political class doesn't govern. It entertains." I, for one, am not entertained and any amusement is very darkly tinged.

No comments: