Friday, January 1, 2021

 January 1--Happy New Year๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽป๐ŸŽถ

I stopped making resolutions many years ago. I was the poster child for the "making resolutions on New Year's Day and breaking all before January 31" pattern. Instead I formulate general intentions that can be fulfilled in several ways.

Yesterday I finished the second pillow case of my last set of 2020. I managed to finish three pairs of pillow cases, two table clothes, several crocheted table toppers and doilies last year and started learning about the zoom loom and kayo pin loom. I also made up a dozen face masks including my first three layer masks. Right now I have two carry over projects on the embroidery hoops (a table topper and a dresser scarf) and five projects on crochet hooks (2 scrap lap blankets, 1 ruana, a doily and one I want to make into a snood.) Last year I made a stab at learning to spin with a drop spindle and plant to make a more concerted effort this year. I have a couple of patterns for sweaters I plant to make over next year. I haven't tried any for many years so I hope these will work better than my last effort. 

Over the years I have had to learn a bit of several languages--mainly to meet some requirement or other. I have regretted that I didn't take that further and over the last couple of years I have scratched at that itch. I will try to make a serious stab at it this year.

I plan to leave the politics and economics alone more this year. For years I have said that I am a news junkie but I think I have to put that in the past tense. Most of what I am reading disgusts me. There is a song that keeps coming to mind that contains the refrain "if you don't stand for something you will fall for anything." I have never seen so many politicians with no principles beyond their own self interests. They say a fish rots from the head and much of the government is rotting from the White House down.



No comments: