Wednesday, January 20, 2021

 Well, Toddler-In-Chief has left the White House

--but we still have a bit over two hours before the Inauguration. But so far I am impressed by Biden to date. That remembrance service for the 400+K dead from the pandemic was just right and so needed. It is sad it has been so long coming thanks to that narcissist  who played a president without ever really being the president.

And now he is a former President. I didn't watch his inauguration four years ago but I did watch the Biden/Harris ceremony and I found it inspiring, uplifting, and hopeful. I didn't realize how much I needed all that after the last four years feeling like a raw nerve constantly being touched. Watching all the ceremonies today the feeling I had last night watching the remembrance at the reflecting pool for the COVID dead--we desperately needed the ceremonies that #45 so thoroughly trashed. I don't think the normal before #45 will be re-established or the normal of pre-pandemic times. Too much water under those bridges. But hopefully we can calmly move into something we can thrive in.

No comments: