Wednesday, April 28, 2021

 April 28

Cool and wet today. I am not complaining because I was quite busy in the gardens yesterday. I filled five pots--three large and the two 3-cell pots from the tower. Also transplanted the rosemary and lavender. They seem to be doing well today which I am relieved at since the rosemary was quite dry and I had a real struggle getting the lavender out of its small pot. I also changed out our thermometers. The old one was hard to read from the door so we found an inexpensive large face thermometer. I put that up on the gate directly across from the door and put the old one up on the door of the shed. I have often noted here that the patio is basically an oven in the summer and an ice box in the winter. It seems to concentrate heat and cold. Example from yesterday: official temperature was 84F; temperature by the gate was 110F; and, temperature at the shed near the wall of the house was 78. I have already hooked up the hose and watered the pots already planted. That is the earliest I have ever had to do that.

Well, it seems that the CDC has changed the rules on wearing masks. Those who are vaccinated can now go outside without masks if there are no crowds or can have events outside with family members who are also vaccinated without masks. It doesn't make any difference to us. We haven't ever worn our masks outside if we weren't going into crowds. Going shopping we put our masks on when we approach the store and take them off when we get in our car. We have avoided crowds for over a decade. I don't think we will retire our masks any time soon. I am beginning to doubt that COVID will be going away any times soon and we may need boosters vaccines. Besides, there is always flu season. This year they say has seen the fewest flu cases ever.

No comments: