Tuesday, May 17, 2022

May 17

 Very chilly today and with a brisk breeze it feels even cooler. I am seeing clouds moving in which goes along with our forecast predictions of rain coming in late today into tomorrow. I got the little rose planted, and retrieved the last 10 small pots that fit into the fence potholders and on the fence. They aren't filled yet because I am still looking for small plants that are drought/heat tolerant and like full sun. Also got the hose connected so I can more easily water plants when necessary.

The efforts to ban books was ridiculous to begin with and is getting progressively more so. Found this on Crooks&Liars linking to an NBC story. Both libraries and schools are moving to digital catalogs quickly. I wondered how our Neo-Puritans would handle that and this pretty much outlines the strategy--force the libraries and schools to suspend the e-reader systems their patrons/students use. I just checked our local library and they use a different e-reader/catalog system. If I relied on the library for my reading matter I would be mightily pissed. I still have the resources to buy e-books from anywhere which is a good system for me since I generally read several books in increments and the reading might take considerably longer than the time limits libraries impose.

No comments: