Friday, May 20, 2022

May 20

 Well, I think my gardening day is done. It started sunny and I hoped that the temperature on the patio wouldn't get too hot too soon. But the clouds moved in and now it is raining. I intended to just come in for a bit of a rest however the clouds encouraged me to put the vermiculite, potting mix and fertilizer in the shed. Normally I would have left everything in place so I could would be there when I started with the next container. Our temperatures are bouncing from very early spring cool to mid summer hot. We had a three or four days when it was cool enough for jeans and long sleeves. That followed almost a week when shorts and short sleeve t-shirts were almost too hot. And that is where we are now.

We had to go out to get a couple of items we couldn't get Wednesday and stopped at the garden shop hoping to fill out the gardens a bit. I found a variety of pepper I grew last year and loved as well a patio sized tomato which I, impulsively, decided to try out. That wasn't my only impulsive purchase. For the first time I can remember, the shop had Meyer lemon trees. I bought one hoping that the cats will leave it alone when I bring it in for the winter--if I haven't managed to kill it before then. I was looking for the small transplants of lavender and rosemary but only found larger plants. I almost decided not to buy any but finally picked up one of each.

No comments: