Tuesday, April 16, 2024

April 16

 Another sunny day though thunderstorms are predicted for this evening. The forecast is for cooler, more "normal" temperatures.

I just had a frustrating and unnerving experience. For some time I have followed a blogger who is an American, who also has Russian citizenship, living in Russia. I liked getting a different perspective on both what is going on in Russia and the international tensions. But, when I got to his most recent post which continued the complexities and difficulties in arranging travel to the U.S. for himself and his daughter, my browser said it couldn't find the site. I had just been reading it. I tried several times with the same result and, finally, checked out one of the other sites I normally follow. I got connected there with no problem. So I am left with the question: WHY? (Update: I opened my old laptop and was quickly able to get the site and finished reading it. Again, WHY?)

Stray thought: I happened to catch reports on both Joe Biden and Donald Trump. The contrast was startling. Biden did look old but fit and alert. Trump looked old but bloated, blotchy and fat. I don't think that was simply that Trump was caught on a bad day at a bad time. I remember thinking the same looking at pictures of Trump's rallies.

No comments: