Thursday, October 26, 2017

Another cool, almost cold, morning in the mid 30s. The weather predictions say we should get into the very low 60s. Quite a contrast with southern California with its triple digit record temps. The plants I still have in the gardens are doing nicely still--clematis, geraniums, creeping jenny and marigolds and (for now) impatiens. We haven't had a freeze yet although it has gotten close and we actually had to use the back window defroster and scrape ice off that car window yesterday. Frost on the roofs and the cars this morning.

Theodora Goss posted this on her blog today and I can agree with it whole heartedly. I have also gotten tired of all the screen time lately. And what I find so often is uninteresting, irritating or advertising for things I don't need or want. A couple of times I simply deleted all of the items without reading any. It is a love-hate relationship. I hate it when I have to erase e-mails that promise to make me "hard on demand." Or that want to sell me the latest weight loss product. I get a lot of those things. I generally ignore Facebook except for the occasional post from a family member and the three or four games I waste time on (though less time than I once did.) I don't follow Twitter or any of those and I never liked Pinterest at all. But I love how easy it is to find information that interests me via Google, Duck Duck Go, or Safari. I love that I can take a library of about a thousand books anywhere because it is all on my iPad. And I don't need to find shelf space for them.

No comments: