Monday, October 30, 2017

We are starting today with more cool weather--only 42F. We should see some sun but the high might bet into the very low 50s. The outside plants are still doing well but a couple of them--the impatiens and clematis--will need watering today. I checked them yesterday. We should have rain Wednesday or Thursday so I hope I won't have to water anything else.

I spend the weekend on various chores. I pruned the hibiscus and set up four cuttings to, I hope, root. I put two in vermiculite and two in the seed starting mix I thought I would try out this year.  I want to see which does better. I sorted and organized my seeds getting ready to seriously make out my seed orders. I want to get them in early this year. Then I decided to tackle some bookshelves that have needed dusting for some time.

I only read through e-mail but didn't read the Google alerts or the Bloglovin' feeds. Then I finished The Great Derangement by Amitav Ghosh and a good part of Daughter of the Samurai by Etsu Sugimoto. I decided Friday that I spend all too much time wading through the so-called news and the various other streams of articles and blogs. The writers I like to follow most post on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday so I will work through those lists on those days.

Not really much to talk about. The first indictments in the Mueller investigation are in and no surprises. The Repthuglicans some kind, any kind of legislative win and are frantically trying to get the needed votes. Number 45 has been his usual bombastic braggart self so nothing new to comment on there. I haven't mentioned the Damnocrats because they haven't done anything to merit mentioning. Since at least 85% of my reading is on political or economic matters that leave me with a headache these days because the insanity, inanity, and cluelessness, best to think on other things--like evaluating the plants I put in the garden this year and considering what to put in next year.

No comments: