Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Welcome to November. Supposed to be wet and cool today. We did get sun for brief times yesterday. The very cool mornings has just about ended the impatiens in the gardens and the marigolds aren't far behind. I spend a bit of time going through a couple of my binders--the ones for the gardens and recipes--getting the ring holes punched on the printed pages and filed. Also made some notes on the pages I printed about the plants I put in this year. I am on track for putting in seed and plant orders for next year and planning the arrangements of moveable containers and where I will put arrangements on the fence. A couple of days ago I printed out my updated "map" for this year's garden with notations on what did well and what won't go in again. Next year's "map" will be different except for the largest containers arranged along the fence. Those are almost immovable unless I want to go through the trouble of removing most of the soil. I do that only when I have to replace a container which I will next spring. One of them has developed a large crack.

An absolutely perfect assessment of what has happened to the U.S. over the last 16 years.

And Helen at Margaret and Helen have a few appropriate words concerning our dysfunctional politics.

No comments: