Tuesday, November 7, 2017

It looks like the computers/internet is acting normally today. Yeah, we have Comcast and it was having a nationwide problem that they claim is fixed. Maybe it is my curmudgeonly perception but these problems seem to be appearing far more frequently. I used to get really pissed when it happened and I mean "throwing something against a wall" pissed. Now I am just mildly annoyed. That is one reason I would rather put my e-readers on my computers so I can have all my books stored on the computer also. Internet down? No problem. I can still pull up any of my books and read. The only ones I put in the "cloud" are ones I don't want to read again--ever.

I noticed that the trees have finally gotten the message that fall has arrived. They have been almost sulky about turning colors with one here and another there sort of deciding to change from green to yellow or red or orange. I think I said I had pulled the marigold and impatiens out of the gardens. They were looking pretty frazzled. I wonder how many more plants I will pull out tomorrow if the temps drop to the predicted 29F. So far the geraniums, begonias creeping jenny, lavender and petunias are doing well. The purslane stopped blooming a month ago but I am leaving it in as a ground cover. The creeping jenny, begonias and geraniums are still blooming.

Golem XIV has an interesting and scary take on a headline I saw this morning that had me scratching my head in bewilderment. The Saudi government has claimed that Lebanon has "declared war" on it. Lebanon?? Really?? Last I heard the rockets that caused a bit of an uproar for the last week came from Houthi controlled Yemen. That the unstated issue might be oil or gas and whether payments would be made in dollars doesn't surprise me. We seem to be fighting a rearguard action to keep the petrodollar system in place.

No comments: