Monday, November 13, 2017

Easy and slow weekend. Cold enough that all the plants outside are gone except for the lavender. We had rain yesterday and last night but, if it dries off, I might get the spent plant cut back. I often leave the roots of the last plants in the soil to decompose in place. This year I am spreading the cuttings on top of the soil to prevent splash from hard rains. We have had more of those kinds of rain this year than I can remember and autumn is an unusual season for the monsoons we have received lately. I cleaned out and dusted two catch-all areas. One of the new seed catalogs has come in so I started looking at it. The company isn't one I usually buy from because they sell larger packets than I like to buy but I found a couple of interesting possibilities.

Ah, the Baker Creed seed catalog has arrived. I will start reading through it tonight. I wanted the bulk of my seed/plant orders in by early December. Too much of what I like others seem to also. I missed out on a couple of varieties of seeds last year because they were already sold out by early January.

Bread baking day--honey whole wheat sourdough. Looking forward to sampling it tonight.

No comments: