Friday, November 10, 2017

BRRRRRR!!!! Only 29F so far this morning with the chance it will go a bit lower. We might also get the first snow of the season. Good thing I got the patio swept, the bird feeder cleaned out and refilled and the clematis cut back yesterday. As cold as it felt yesterday it was better than today. Some time in the next few days--when it is warmer and dry--I hope to wrap the clematis in bubble wrap and cover it for the winter. I don't know if that will work but I would like it to survive and grow next spring. Inside I started a couple of pots each of Angel Wing miniature roses and a lavender variety. The lavender is old seed and I want to see if it is still viable. The packet of rose seeds was a whim purchase when we toured the Chicago Botanical Gardens last year. We'll see what happens.

Update: Temperature is now 26F and we have very light snow falling.

No comments: