Monday, October 23, 2017

The rain came in as promised about an hour before sunset with episodic showers all night. I took in the wind spinner and wind chimes for the season yesterday and found a split in one of the large pots. Damn!! Have to find a replacement in the spring. Major task today: cookies, as in pecan sandies. Perfect for a rainy Monday. Changed my mind on the cookies. We just finished the last of the cookies I made up over a week ago. If you remember I froze two thirds of them and we doled them out slowly. I will wait until we want cookies again and then do up the sandies.

I found another story on this yesterday. I look at recall stories mainly to see if the item is one we use or are likely to use and then to check the brands and distribution for whether that item is sold here. Although we do buy veggies we don't buy Walmart or Target veggies. Nor do we buy packaged vegetables. But the story reinforces my disgust and distrust of the "industrial" food system. The waste is incredible.

No comments: