Monday, December 4, 2017

Nice and sunny today. We had frost all the way down to ground. Often we see frost on the roof tops but it doesn't reach the cars or ground. We are now in the season where it does. The temperature today and tomorrow should reach the high 50s and low 60s--not at all normal for early December. But after that nothing above the mid thirties for the next ten days which is very normal. Of course it all might change--and probably will.

I stuffed all the fallen leaves I could gather in the "wall o' water" and packed them around the pot. I think I will shred some news paper to fill it more before closing up the tube and wrapping the whole in bubble wrap.

**************************************************

Yesterday was a lazy Sunday. I didn't do much more than water my hibiscus and large rosemary, read the news and blogs, and read a bit on a new book on weaving. And get another couple of rows done on a new doily. I don't think I will get much done today because my neck and shoulder are stiff and painful.

Nimue Brown makes some good points which echo some developments in my own life. I remember looking at jeans about three years ago grumbling out loud in the stores that "if I wanted "distressed" jeans I would by god distress the myself." That was all we could find and I was looking because my own had finally fallen apart. Fashion hasn't been a watchword here for just about ever. We generally ask if it is useful and needful then consider the esthetics. Of course, the commercial sector of the economy would be wailing and gnashing their teeth. If they had to depend on customers like us their bottom line would really pain them.

Ronni Bennett has a good summary of the Repthuglican tax bill passed on strictly party lines in the wee hours overnight Friday-Saturday.

Ouch!!!


No comments: