Saturday, December 2, 2017

Nice sunny morning and I got more done than I planned. I took last year's winter wreath apart and put the grapevine frame in the shed. It is way to big for the space and too heavy for the hooks. I will construct another on one of the smaller frames. As I fixed breakfast this morning (scrambled eggs with apple/cinnamon sausage and chives) the eggshells kept falling off the tray which was very full of other eggshells. I dry them, grind them and use them in the gardens. A gardener/blogger called them "slow release calcium." I separated all those not quite dry enough (or just plain wet) and ground the others.While putting the large wreath frame in the shed I saw a "wall o' water" and wondered if it was big enough to go completely over the clematis pot. I tried it out--yes, it does fit. So I started to fill the cells but I think it has a leak. I am waiting to see if the water level falls. If it does leak I will still use it but stuff leaves between it and the pot to insulate it. The information I found on overwintering clematis noted that they are generally hardy to a zone colder than mine but they don't like the freeze-thaw cycle so they should be protected against that. Hopefully what I am doing will work.

Well, the blithering idiots (a.k.a., Repthuglicans) added enough goodies for enough of their dissidents in the Senate to get that Tax Deform Reform bill passed. Of course, no one has read (actually read) the whole thing. And they screwed enough of the lower 95% to pretend that it won't add more than $1.5 trillion to the deficit. I think the reports (so far) project an increase of only $1 trillion. Craptastic.

When health care isn't really health care but a racket.

Promises, Promises--and considering #45's track record, those promises are worth their weight in gold.

No comments: