Tuesday, February 20, 2018

More rain today and with bouts of monsoon intensity. We have had rivers running down our streets, front and back. But the drains are functioning very well so nothing is threatening the houses. The temperature was 60F when we woke so much of the snow is gone now. We have another day of house cleaning, sorting and re-arranging to do.We have a pile of goods waiting for the SalvationArmy to pick up.

Longreads posted this article which hits a button for me given the long years I spent in various academic history roles. I just tossed a whole bunch of zip disks because they are formatted for a machine I had four computers back and the information was entered using a program which the programs I now use can't read. Several bloggers I regularly read spent some time reviewing their electronic information and printing out the most important items just in case the electronics failed or became corrupted or whatever.

No comments: