Monday, May 25, 2020

May 25--Memorial Day

Actually, if it weren't for the constant reminders over the weekend, I would probably not have remembered. A couple of the commentators on the various morning shows remarked that it certainly hasn't been like any Memorial Day weekend in their memory. For the first time in decades AAA didn't release a prediction of the traffic they expected to see on the roads. Though some cabin fever stricken people have decided to travel, or visit parks or beaches (most not minding social distancing or masking), a large number of us haven't. That a lot of us aren't indulging is probably a good thing considering other news from the "opening" front: a hairdresser in Arkansas exposed as many as 60 of her patrons and 2 in Missouri exposed 140 while symptomatic.

I can see so many things that can go wrong with this. The blogger who included the link indicated that she is allergic to oats and soy and the wrong substitution could kill her. We have gone more and more to cooking from scratch. And we do watch the labels. We thankfully don't have any allergies or other conditions that involve food. I am also aware that whatever is "temporary" often turns out to be permanent.

I finished my gardening for the day about an hour ago. The temperature on the patio was near 90F, probably much higher than the 81F the Weather Channel list currently. I have said before that the white fence around our small patio makes the area an oven in the summer. But before giving up I transplanted my lavender, tomato, pepper, 3 of the 4 remaining marigolds, and the spearmint. I also put in the seeds for the morning glory and sunflower. I will get some more done tomorrow. I know said  I wouldn't put in any pepper or tomato but those are somewhat like an itch and putting in one of each is a good way to scratch without investing too much space or energy into the project.

No comments: