Sunday, May 31, 2020

May 31

Another nice sunny but cool day. Yesterday I got sage and thyme transplanted and convolvulus seeds planted. I also placed some other pots outside to harden before finding them permanent homes. I have several pots I need to add some soil to but I am actually not in any hurry to do that. I cleaned out the dried herbs I put up every year and discarded any over two years old or that we tried but didn't use. The only jar of aged discards that still had any potency was the rosemary.

Found this at Jacobin this morning and the author asks a very good question: who is doing the looting and who is being looted?

Random observation: I think we were ripe for some form of explosion. We have basically combined the frustrations resulting from the coronavirus restrictions (large and small) with the uncertainty going forward as the restrictions loosen, growing unemployment and the stress that entails, with the rage resulting from the murders of three black citizens by police.

The economic pain mentioned above won't end any time soon no matter what swill the politicians are trying to sell us. This article clearly indicates why the economy won't rebound the way #45 and his sycophants tell us it will. I have been reading similar articles from other authors--some anecdotal and others surveys. If the small businesses aren't around the jobs won't come back and the people they employed won't have jobs to g back to. That doesn't even address the large business that are dying or laying off huge numbers of workers.

No comments: