Tuesday, August 1, 2023

August 1

Welcome to August. Our temperatures are predicted to be a bit more normal. I checked the gardens and I don't think I will have to water anything today. I'll save that for tomorrow. I picked a nice bunch of pole beans and should get them into the freezer today.

It has been quiet especially since I try to get away from the news. I fondly remember when the news was half an hour in the morning and evening split between local and national news. Now it is three hours with a lot of commercials and frequent repeats that add nothing to the stories. Worse they rely on speculation on what is going to happen (they think).

The news this morning reported that Musk has been ordered to remove that huge X on top of his company's building. It was erected without any permits and the neighbors were complaining it was interfering with their sleep. I saw some video of it in operation and thought it was so totally annoying. I would have hated living anywhere near it. But I wasn't surprised. It was another prank from an entitled narcissist with far, far more money than either brains or empathy.

We have had repeated interruptions in our internet for the last couple of weeks. Often several a day.

No comments: