Saturday, August 19, 2023

August 19

I hope to get some garden work done today and perhaps tomorrow. The weather forecasts predict a couple of days of moderate temperatures before they go up into the 90s next week. I want to pull the bean plants and get a couple of other things done. I got everything except putting up the ham broth so that is also on the agenda today.

Good Morning, America had a brief story about the drought in the Panama Canal Zone this morning. I decided to do a brief Google search and the story has been sporadically in various news outlets for the last 3 months. Shipping and world supply chains are totally screwed. Again.

Crooks & Liars posted this story that should make everyone's blood boil. If those tenants weren't poor the management company wouldn't make such bullying demands that they cover the amounts the former manager stole. I love the part of the letter which acknowledges that the tenants weren't in any way at fault but that the Corporation and their lawyers want to handle it by shafting the tenants. I hope there is a lawyer who will take the tenants' case without charge.

No comments: