Friday, June 11, 2021

 June 10


Another hot day. I got out on the patio as soon as I got dressed and before fixing breakfast so I could water the containers and deadhead a few of the plants that needed it. I hope to do the same tomorrow and get the trellises set up and the tomato staked properly. The temperature was at 80*F when I went out and already at 85 when I finished less than half an hour later. Ten years ago that wouldn't have bothered me; now--it does.

Politico Nightly has a nice piece to which I won't link. The theme is, as the author says in the first sentence, "if 2020 was 'it was worse than we thought', 2021 is the year of 'so far, so good'. " And yes I will agree that things are better but I keep a lookout for the possibility that things can get worse again.

June 11

Just like yesterday except I got out on the patio before I changed out of my sleep-tee and robe. With a 6-ft fence and given my sleep wear covers well it doesn't matter. I wanted to get the tomato better supported and staked and a couple of other tall plants caged before it got too warm. After breakfast and changing into shorts and tee I went back out to prune the tall tomato a bit and to poke some holes in the soil of the chamomile container. It drains way too fast so I suspect it is root bound. Very possible since it was planted last year and survived the winter. I am not sure what I will do with it. It is already nearly 90* on the patio so I am done for the day. By the way that isn't the "official" temperature since that hot-box of a patio can range from 15 to 20+ more than the air in the shade or outside the patio.

Well, here we are six months away from the Former Guy's administration and we have another scandal from the Former Guy--setting the FBI on the Democrat members of the House Intelligence Committee, their staffs, their families. In the name of finding, punishing and sealing off "leaks" the FBI scooped up phone records and other electronic communications indiscriminately. Why am I not surprised???


No comments: