Saturday, August 6, 2022

August 5 (or whenever)

 I didn't realize I forgot to come back and post the last entry. Oh well, I just get busy doing something or reading something and forget about the post. We'll see if I get this one out in a more timely manner.

I found this item which reflects some of my own thoughts. We aren't used to adapting ourselves to the world having spent so much of the last few hundred years trying to adapt the world to us. A glaring example of that attitude is in the included op-ed in this Naked Capitalism article. I guess the writer of the op-ed didn't remember the time within the last ten years when barge traffic on the Mississippi was halted because the water level was too low. And I remember when the good people of Georgia floated the notion of a similar pipeline to tap into Lake Michigan when Atlanta and towns around it were down to less than a month's worth of water. They got five "Hell, NO" screams from the states bordering the lake. I don't have much faith in any significant number of people choosing to adapt given the stories of wealthy Atlanteans who kept their pools filled and their lush lawns watered by paying hefty fines. 

No comments: