Thursday, December 28, 2023

December 27

 Sunny today though we expect increasing clouds and rain over night. It doesn't look like we will get any snow over the next week. Everything that is hitting the plains looks like it will go around us.

I got another good bit of crocheting done this morning and then went on a hunt for my thimbles. The fingers and thumb on my right hand still hurt from my last weaving on the zoom loom and I figured the thimbles might help. I knew I had them in a specific case with much of the rest of my sewing things but I simply couldn't find it. The cases I did find had other things. I did finally find the right case and decided I need to do another round of sorting and straightening up early in the new year.

Another article that continues the thread on health care, Bill Astore provides this article. I have said often that there are certain services should not be left to the so-called free market: health care, education, prisons, and power/water/sewage services.

CNN posted an interesting article on young people deciding to get out of the rat race and "retiring" to the countryside." The government seems to ratify that decision (to a certain extent) as a way to deal with a youth unemployment rate exceeding 20%.

Reuters posted an article which suggests that world grain supplies in 2024. Most of the problem is adverse weather conditions which are expected to continue through at least the first half of the new year. I read yesterday that China had contracted to buy 100million tons of grain on the world market to ensure his country's food supplies. The article explains why.

No comments: